In last week’s blog, we looked at the first three ways to manage a hybrid workforce: emphasize inclusion, focus on communication, and foster a remote-first culture. Today, we will look at the three remaining ways.
4.Make sure nothing falls through the cracks. Trust and productivity are built on shared expectations and goals. When everyone on your team is on the same page in terms of projects, next steps, roadblocks, and deadlines, they can all work together to achieve anything that needs to be done.
- Have detailed projects, tasks, and deadlines to minimize misunderstanding and foster quick turnaround times.
- Provide clear directions and expectations so team members know exactly what outcomes are expected.
- Assign reasonable deadlines, with reminders to check their progress.
- Use a system that allows for regular updates with your team and clients.
- Have the team document their accomplishments, to keep them focused and hold them accountable.
5. Build trust. Trust is an integral part of any business’s operations and is formed based on two important beliefs: first, that others will deliver a high quality of work, and second, that others have integrity and good intentions.
- Give team members regular opportunities to connect through video meetings and calls.
- Help them get to know each other and see the steps everyone is taking to get their work done every day.
- Encourage your team members to have more conversations with each other, which will increase their mutual trust.
6. Watch out for burnout. Even remote workers aren’t immune from burnout. Be aware of the warning signs: increased absenteeism or work avoidance, greater apathy and irritability, missed deadlines and declining performance, never taking time off, and signs of hopelessness or sadness.
To avoid burnout:
- Check-in on team members regularly.
- Encourage boundaries between work and home life.
- Remind employees to frequently unplug and disconnect from work.
- Schedule “no meeting” days.
- Help team members practice self-care through resources and non-work-related hobbies.
- Offer mental health screenings and access to apps like Calm or Headspace.
Question: Which two (or more) actions can you take in your organization?
#hybridworkforce #hybridwork #management
For more information on how to manage a hybrid workforce, see: https://www.linkedin.com/business/talent/blog/talent-management/best-practices-for-successful-hybrid-work-culture and https://www.calendar.com/blog/8-ways-to-manage-your-hybrid-team/